Whether you manage a restaurant, a hotel, an office or an apartment complex, the Santa Clara Valley Water District has a program that can help you save water and money. As of April 22, certain rebate amounts have doubled, while others have increased significantly. These increases are temporary, through September 30, 2014, and certain restrictions apply. Click on links below for more information.
Custom (Measured) Rebates are available to commercial, industrial and institutional water customers who implement new processes and update equipment to reduce water usage.
Commercial Rebate Program - offers rebates for a variety of water-efficient equipment including connectionless food steamers, air-cooled ice machines and high-efficiency urinals.
- Get a new toilet—on us. Businesses, apartments and schools that currently have old, inefficient toilets are eligible for free toilets and free installation through our Commercial High-Efficiency Toilet Direct Installation Program. Have old, inefficient urinals? We can also replace the flush valves for free.
- Purchase or lease high-efficiency washing machines for common-area laundry rooms and laundromats. High-efficiency washers qualify your business for a rebate through our Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program of up to $400 per unit through our Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program.
- Install individual submeters for condominium complexes and mobile home parks that currently have one central water meter. We’re offering a rebate up to $150 per submeter installation.
- Irrigation Surveys. Our FREE Landscape Survey Program will evaluate and suggest ways to better manage your outdoor water use. Our surveys have shown potential savings of up to $1,000 per acre of landscape.
- Replace high-water using landscapes. Installing qualified low-water using landscapes can reduce irrigation water use up to 20%, and commercial sites can qualify for rebates through the Landscape Rebate Program.
- Purchase and install efficient irrigation equipment. Businesses can receive rebates for upgrading to qualifying irrigation hardware through the Landscape Rebate Program.
- Install weather-based irrigation controllers. These controllers use local weather conditions to calculate and adjust a site-specific irrigation schedule. They not only maximize water efficiency, they also qualify for rebates through the Landscape Rebate Program.
For more information on any of these programs visit valleywater.org/myrebate or call the district’s Water Conservation Hotline at 408-630-2554. Programs subject to funding availability. Certain restrictions apply.