Here are some programs and rebates specifically designed to help businesses save water. For more details call our Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or visit valleywater.org.
- Let us help with the cost through the New Commercial Rebate Program. The program includes rebates for: Water Submeters - up to $100 per installed submeter, Commercial Clothes Washers - up to $400 per washer, Connectionless Food Steamers - up to $485 per steamer, Air-Cooled Ice Machines - up to $1,000 per ice machine, High-Efficiency Urinals - up to $300 per urinal, and a Measured Rebate - for equipment changes that result in water savings.
- Get a new toilet—on us. Businesses, apartments and schools that currently have old, inefficient toilets are eligible for free toilets, urinal flush valves, and free installation through our Commercial High-Efficiency Toilet Program. Toilets installed through this program save an average of 3 gallons per flush.
- Purchase or lease high-efficiency washing machines for common-area laundry rooms and Laundromats. High-efficiency washers save 20 gallons per load and qualify your business for a rebate up to $400 per unit through our Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program.
- Install individual submeters for condominium complexes and mobile home parks that currently have one central water meter. We're offering a rebate of up to $100 per submeter installation. Submeters help individuals assess and reduce their water usage to meet the 20 gallons per person savings goal.
- Ask an Irrigation Surveyor. Our FREE Landscape Survey Program has surveyors evaluate and suggest ways to better manage your outdoor water use. Our surveys have shown potential savings of up to $1,000 per acre of landscape.
- Purchase and install efficient irrigation equipment. Landscape Survey Program participants can receive rebates for the implementation of survey recommendations through our Landscape Rebate Program.
- Install weather-based irrigation controllers. These controllers use local weather conditions to calculate and adjust a site-specific irrigation schedule. They not only help maximize water efficiency, they also qualify your business for rebates through the Landscape Rebate Program. Studies have shown outdoor water savings of up to 15-20% from these devices.
- Replace high-water using landscapes with water-wise plants and/or permeable hardscape for a 15-20% reduction in irrigation water use and qualify for rebates of up to $20,000 through Landscape Rebate Program.